Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pass The Torch Tuesday

So I never did get a Pass the Torch Tuesday done last week. Oh, the joys of having a sick child! I mentioned that I was going to try to post a little late for last week. At this point, I am not going to worry about backtracking. So with that this Tuesday I want to honor my little girl Natalie. I took the kids home to my parents house for the weekend. My sister that lives in Jerome, couldn't come over until Saturday afternoon but asked if I would watch her little girl Alice. I agreed. My kids were so excited to spend time with their cousin. Alice was so excited to play with Sam and Conner but spent most of her time playing with Logan and Natalie. On Saturday, my mom pulled out a bin of clothes that she has bought on sale and was going through it to see what she had. She had a little book about a mermaid. The pictures were actually little puzzles. Alice was so excited to play with this book. The only problem with this book was there was only one of them and there were two little girls who really wanted to play with it. Alice had had it for quite a while before Natalie decided she wanted it. My dad who happened to walk through the room at just the right time, noticed a little squabble between Alice and Natalie. He decides to try to reason with Alice. He asks Alice if it would be alright to let Natalie look at the book because she is just a baby and then in a little bit she could have the book back. Natalie now had the book and had gone into the living room and was sitting on a chair looking at the book. Alice pitches the biggest temper tantrum, throwing herself on the floor and crying. Natalie immediately goes over to her and gives her the book and tries to cheer up Alice.

Way to go Natalie. I am so proud of you!

1 comment:

Linda Gibbs said...

Aww! So sweet! She is such a little mommy.