Wednesday, March 5, 2008

8 Things About Miss Natalie



Natalie was "tagged" by her twin Brooklyn. I say twin because I think they share a birthdate (November 13, 2005).

1. Natalie came to our home when she was two and a half months old. She had been released from the hospital to another foster home. When she and her brother came to stay with us, they were only supposed to stay for 30 days. It's funny how things just work out like they are supposed to!

2. How Natalie's name came to be -- I am from a family of all girls. My mom always wanted to name one of us Natalie. I know Jennifer, Lori, and Alyson are a far cry from the name Natalie. I always said that if I ever had a girl, I would name her Natalie in honor of my mom. Natalie's middle name is Ann. We chose it because her Grandma Dorothy's middle name is Ann, her Grandma Roskelley's middle name is Ann. Also, Natalie came to us with the name Annie. So her middle name is after her two grandmas and a reminder of her past.

3. Natalie loves to have her hair done. She will sit still forever for me to do her hair. Just Friday night, I got this hair-brained idea (no punn intended). I decided to put Natalie's hair in all these little braids so her hair would be kinky the next day. It took me over one hour to put all those braids in and she sat still the whole time!

4. She is 100% Girl! Not only does she love having her hair done but she always hast to be dressed. The other day I sat her on the toilet and walked away. I kind of forgot about her. She comes walking out with her pants pulled up. I then realized that I had sat her on the toilet. So I went and grabbed a pull-up and pulled down her pants only to realize she already had a pull-up on. She had gone into her bedroom put on her pull-up and put her pants back on. On top of always being dressed, she always has to wear her "pretties." She got her ears pierced when she was about eighteen months. Ever since then, she will bring me her earring tree every morning so she can have earrings to match her outfit. She also loves having her fingernails painted. She also loves purses and hauls a purse everywhere we go!


5. She LOVES shoes. I think she got this love from her Grandma Roskelley. She always has to have shoes on her feet. She will also bring shoes to anyone that doesn't have shoes on her feet. This fall she went to the toddler lab up on the campus of BYU-Idaho. I had also bought her these really cute brown boots. One day when I went to pick her up from school, they commented about how she really couldn't get around in her brown boots. When she would fall in them, she couldn't get back up. She also couldn't walk in them. She was basically banned from wearing her brown boots to school! One day, Bryon was home and he went to pick her up. The commented about her not wearing her brown boots anymore and they said they hardly recognized Natalie without her brown boots. She currently has seven pair of shoes up in her drawer. (Almost as many as her Grandma Roskelley!) I love it. If I can't find the boys shoes, we always do this mad dash around the house in search of shoes. If Natalie is missing a shoe, we simply pick out a different shoe.
6. She LOVES her doll. She got a doll for Christmas. She hauls this doll all over. She is rarely seen without her doll. She has even tried to take her doll to church and therapy with her. She is always feeding her baby a bottle, giving it loves, and dropping it off for her dad or me to babysit. Just recently she has started sitting the doll in the high chair for it to pretend to eat.

7. She is a blankie girl. She hauls her blanket all over the house and can often be found sitting down holding her blanket and sucking her thumb. She knows she is not allowed to have her blanket unless she is going to bed. So recently she has said cold as an excuse to take it out of her room. She will also point to her doll, meaning she needs it for her doll. Yeah Right!

8. She has the most adorable smile. Everywhere we go, everyone always comments about how she is always smiling. She really is a happy girl (as long as you don't tell her no!).

Natalie tags her cousin Cidney.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She really is a special little girl! It has been so much fun watching her grow up and be the girly girl you always wanted. And it is kinda funny how she looks like you too! Love it!

Holly said...

Thanks for playing along! That Natalie is a DOLL!!! :) I still can't believe they were born on the same day! FUn!!

Amanda said...

Hi! I posted under your 'digital scrapbooking' post...just wanted you to answer your question...I am teaching the adoption classes. it's been a lot of fun, but it's plenty of work too. i think i'm too much of a perfectionist! Love your blog!