Monday, March 24, 2008

New Recipes

What a weekend for new recipes. On Friday we had a pork tenderloin. I had bought the pork tenderloin a while ago to go with another recipe. Since that time, I lost the recipe and had this tenderloin that I had thawed out that I needed to use. My friend, Linda, mentioned her sister-in-law had a really good recipe. She got me the recipe and I decided to give it a try. It was delicious. My family loved it. It also happened that my in-laws came up to pick up a prescription that we had picked up for Bryon's grandpa. Long story short, I made them a t.v. tray with this pork tenderloin on. They loved it. So here is the recipe:

Maple Spiced Pork Tenderloin
1 1/2 Pounds of Pork Tenderloin
1 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Coarse Ground Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
Oil
Maple Syrup

Preheat oven to 325 degrees or the grill. We used toe oven. Combine the spices together and coat tenderloin. Let marinade overnight if possible. I put it on that morning and let it marinade all day.

Brush the tenderloin with oil. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes. Brush with maple syrup and bake until meat registers 155 degrees with a meat thermometer. Let stand 10 minutes, slice thin to serve. Serves 4.

Then Saturday night we went to an adult dinner for our ward. They had different couples host the dinner at their house. We went to a house that decided on a Mexican theme for dinner. She made this delicious salsa. I have had bottled salsa and I also have a recipe for really good fresh salsa. This recipe is for "fresh" salsa but uses stewed tomatoes.

Yummy Salsa
Mix in the food procesor:
3-4 Halapeno Chilies, Diced
3-4 Yellow Chilies, Diced
3-4 Long Green Chilies
1/3 of a Bunch of Cilantro
1 Bunch of Green Onions
1 Small Cann Diced Green Chilies
1 Small White Onion
1/2 Teaspoon Onion Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
2 Heaps Teaspoon Chili Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Heaps Pepper

Then add: 1 #10 can crushed (not stewed) tomatoes. The amount of tomatoes you are supposed to add is 6 Pounds 9 oz. She had it cooking in a crock pot to let all the spices and peppers mix. This makes a huge batch. It makes about one gallon.

Then Sunday I made a delicious sauce to cook the Easter Ham in. I used a Bone-In Ham. I think they have better flavors.

Ham
In a Saucepan heat
2 Cups Brown Sugar
2 Cans Chunked Pineapple
2 Bottles Marachino Cherries
3 or 4 Cloves
1 Can of Orange Pop

I cooked it until the brown sugar melts. Then you pour it over the ham and cook your ham. It adds a delicious flavor to your ham. If you want you can then thicken the juice and serve it over your ham.

Anyway, I thought I would share. I love baking and cooking and trying new recipes (especially if they turn out fabulous)! I would love to try any of your favorite recipes.

1 comment:

Holly said...

mmmm... looks good Jen! I'm always looking for good recipes! Thanks.