Friday, March 7, 2008

Favorite Things Thursday

Okay this is something that Bryon and I shared last week and I have been dying to post about it. My parents told me a while ago about a movie that was a must see: The Bucket List. It came to the cheap show last week. It is only playing at 9:15 for now and so last Friday night, Bryon and I got a babysitter and went to the late night show. This show is a must see.

Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman star as two terminally ill cancer patients who decide to live their last days to the fullest. Though initially the pair seems to have nothing in common, conversation gradually reveals that both men have a long list of goals they wish to accomplish before they kick the bucket, and an unrealized desire to discover what kind of men they really are. But one can't accomplish such lofty objectives from the confines of a hospital bed, so now, in order to live their lives to the absolute fullest, Edward and Carter will have to make a break for it. These two terminally ill men will do their best to fit a lifetime of experience into their last remaining days while forging an unlikely, but truly remarkable, friendship.

I really thought this movie was going to sappy and a real chick flick. I was quite surprised to find that it had it was as funny as it was sappy. I found the whole movie to be heartwarming and uplifting. So if you haven't yet, I highly recommend watching, The Bucket List.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I wrote this title down, so I could go and see it! :)