Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's A Good Thing

Okay so last night at 5:00, it was one of those nights where I am beginning to question what is for dinner. That is a rare thing around here as I make a month worth of menus and then buy groceries to go with those menus. But it is getting close to payday, I have been out of town for the weekend, and I failed to get any meat out of the freezer. Bryon really wanted me to make Taco Soup. Sorry Bryon! Had it just two weeks ago and since then I have had tacos twice. Not that I didn't love the tacos we had but I just wasn't in the mood for any more Mexican dishes. So I am racking my brain as to what to have that would be fast and wouldn't require meat. My family loves pasta! I decided to make a family favorite: Fettuccine Alfredo. I have had a recipe that I have made for a couple of years. I have even passed it on to my sister Lori. I know it has been a hit because her husband is a picky eater and mentioned it would be one of the meals he woud request if he were dying. However, you cook the sauce and lately I can't get the sauce to thicken just right. However, I have found a new recipe that is fast and so easy and my family likes it as well as the other. I actually didn't think they knew the difference but last night Sam asked where the "green things" were. The other Fettuccine calls for parsley and other seasonings and that is what Sam was referring to. So here is my latest fast delicious Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe:

1/4 Pound Fettuccine, Cooked
3/4 Cup Whipping Cream at Room Temperature
3/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (Do not use the kind in the green can)
1/3 Cup Softened Butter (Do not use Margarine)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon White Pepper

Immediately after draining fettuccine noodles, combine with butter. Toss until the butter is melted. Add one half of the cream and toss well. Add one half of the Parmesan cheese and toss well. Add the remaining cream and toss well. Add the remaining cheese, salt and pepper and toss. Serve immediately.

I served it up with a green salad and Garlic Bread and we were eating dinner within 30 minutes! It's a Good Thing!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Yum! I'm totally trying this recipe! Thanks Jen!

Linda Gibbs said...

You're so good! That recipe sounds really good. I may attempt that one.