Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Rexburg Temple Open House



Saturday we were able to attend the open house of the Rexburg Temple. What an awesome experience. My parents, my sister Alyson and her two children as well as my husbands aunt, uncle, and three of their children all came up to attend the open house with us. Our tickets were Saturday morning at 10:30. It was a busy Saturday for the open house with it being a three day weekend. We went into the chapel to wait for a room to view a video that talks about the importance of temples. We really didn't have to wait long. I was so touched by Elder Holland's comment about heaven not being heaven without his wife and children. I feel the same way, I cannot think of heaven without thinking of being there with Bryon and my four children. We then walked through a maze of tents to take us into the temple. The temple is such an awesome building. It is so beautiful.


I think our oldest, Sam, was very touched. I was very young when the Logan Temple was worked on and then an open house was held before the temple was redidicated. All I remember about that event was holding my Grandma Roskelley's hand as we walked from room to room. So although Sam may not remember a whole lot about the Rexburg Temple Open House, I hope he too will remember holding his Grandma Roskelley's hand as he walked room to room and the special feelings he felt while in the temple of our Heavenly Father.

No comments: