Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Hats Off to Working Mothers Everywhere

My hats off to working mothers everywhere! This past week I worked at the elementary school administering the IRI test to children in kindergarten through third grade. This meant we would have to leave our house no later than 7:15 in order to take two of our children to the babysitters. Then the other two would ride with us to the school. We would get to the school about 8:00. We were home every afternoon about 3:00. Upon getting home, I still had at least two piano lessons to teach. After piano lessons were over, I still had the responsibility of helping Sam with his homework and piano practicing as well as cooking dinner, bathing children, and getting them to bed only to do the same thing the next day. Don’t get me wrong. I loved getting out of the house. I also loved being able to see Sam and Bryon more throughout the day. I am thankful to a great babysitter who was so responsible to getting my children who were at home, to their therapy appointments, and picking them up from preschool. I never had to worry a minute about that. My sitter was also fabulous about washing the dishes and straightening the house so I didn’t have a messy house or a sink full of dishes to come home too. However, I really did miss just hanging out with Conner, Logan, & Natalie. I missed hearing Conner’s little Connerisms. I missed being the one Logan ran too when he got out of school. I missed being the one Natalie would cuddle up with her blanket. With the IRI testing done, I look forward this week to being able to just stay home with my children and going back to being “just mom!”

1 comment:

Holly said...

I totally agree with you! It's also nice to get out for a day... because when you get home, you remember that it is a WONDERFUL opportunity and blessing to be a stay at home mom. :)

Has Linda got her blog up and going yet??