Sunday, June 1, 2008

Small Miracles

Tonight I have had several small miracle moments but I want to share just one.

Bryon was downstairs tickling Logan and Logan was laughing hysterically. We all started laughing just at how hard Logan was laughing. Bryon stopped tickling him and said, "Logan, it is so good to hear you laugh. When you first came to us at 15 months old you didn't know how to laugh." Sam thought we were lying. Sam is in that stage lately where he thinks we sit up and night and make up a long list of lies to tell him. He later asked me if it was really true about Logan. I told him it was. Today has been a hard day for me but that little moment of Bryon commenting about how far Logan has come was really huge moment for me.

Logan, I am so proud of you and the accomplishments you have made and continue to make. I remember you coming into our home, all those little things like being pushed in a swing, laughing, giving loves, the feel of grass between your toes, and looking into the mirror that we assume every 15-month old has had in their life, you had never experienced. You have come such a long way and continue to amaze me with your strength and determination. I Love You!

3 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

Yea for the little guy!!! He has come so far in a relativily short time. He has worked hard and is determined and I think he now like being able to communicate better. Everyone likes being understood. BUTT!! You and Bryon need to take some credit. Especially YOU!! You guys have worked with him 24/7 since he came. All of the therapy every week, 2-3 times a week, at offices as well as your home. And not just Logan. Natalie too. So take some credit and hug the boy!

Holly said...

I love this post! I could cry! We really take SO much for granted don't we?! I'm so happy for you guys, those are some big milestones! You have an amazing family Jen! :)

Jaimee said...

He is a darling little boy. You and Bryon are amazing parents to these children who otherwise wouldn't have had good parents.