Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Conner T-Ball Season

Conner has watched his brother, Sam, play ball since he was a baby. He always said he could not wait to play. This year he was finally old enough to play.

The first few games Conner played in, he had no idea where to run. I kept asking him, how many games of Sam's has he sat through?!? He would run to pitchers mound and then take off trying to get the ball.

Someone at one of the games commented that if you were having a bad day, you should go watch a kids t-ball game. They really are quite entertaining. It is funny that all the kids on the same team run after the ball and try to get it once it is hit. Conner is usually an easy going child. However, if he is not the one that comes up with the ball, he has this huge melt down in the middle of the baseball field.

Conner has a hard time waiting until it is his turn to bat. He also gets "bored" in the outfield. Before the game is over, I am usually out on the field trying to keep him motivated. He would much rather be drawing pictures in the dirt, climbing trees, playing with Logan or Natalie and has even been known to walk off the field in the middle of a play to tell me something. I have to keep reminding myself, that Sam was once the same way. Sam grew out of it and I am hoping Conner will too.

I really do hope that he has learned something this season and will be ready to play again when next season rolls around.

1 comment:

Linda Gibbs said...

He'll be ready! He is so funny anyway, I can't imagine how funny he is on the field. What a kid!