Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend 05-25-08

I love Memorial Day Weekend. I think it runs a close tie with Christmas, My Birthday, and 4th of July as being my favorite holidays. I think mostly because of all the good memories I have about Memorial Day. I remember as a girl going with my parents and Grandpa & Grandma Pehrson to decorate graves in Millville and Smithfield. Those are memories I will always cherish. Since moving away from Cache Valley, I really miss not being able to visit the graves of my Grandpa & Grandma Pehrson. I think about them almost daily. I was very blessed to marry into a family that honoring family heritage runs deep. I love spending Memorial Day with them. We usually celebrate it on a Sunday with a hot dog roast and then visit the graves.


This year my mother-in-law invited us to go down to have a hot dog roast with them. We decided with the price of gas, we could stay at home and eat our own hot dogs cheaper than we could to drive down there. Sorry, we might have been influenced for steak but not round steak! :)


We met up with them at the Archer Cemetary. Bryon's grandmother and several other family members are burried there. My mother-in-law is so creative and always has fun games for the younger children to do to help them learn more about the graves we are visiting. This year she just printed off a family group sheet with pictures. It still was very helpful in helping our children learn more about the ancestors. Then we came into Rexburg to visit the Rexburg Cemetary. Then we went back to Archer to visit Bryon's aunts grave.


After visiting graves, we went back to Bryon's grandpas house for cookies.


No comments: