Thursday, May 1, 2008

Spring Break 04-10-08 through 04-14-08

Spring break was late this year. I swear we were the last school district in the whole country to hold spring break this late. However, I don't think holding it later in the year, did any good. The weather was still to cold and miserable to be outside. I was hoping it would be good so we could work out in the yard. (I know Bryon was rejoicing that the weather wasn't great because he HATES yardwork!) Sugar Salem's school break was scheduled to be April 11 through the 14. Bryon, however, had work meetings in Idaho Falls on that Monday and so the Superintendent told him he could have Thursday off to compensate for having to work on Monday. Although the weather wasn't great, I still had a list as long as my arm of housework and projects that I was hoping to get accomplished. I don't even remember what we were doing, but I mentioned in passing that my scrapbook room was such a mess and I wanted desperately to get it painted and organized in there. At that point, you could barely open the door to the room. I had become so frustrated with the room itself of not having anywhere to store stuff, I had just given up and thrown things into the room and slammed the door instead of trying to put things away. I kid you not, it wasn't five minutes after making the statement that I hear Bryon in my office. He is in there hauling everything out into the family room trying to get the room cleaned out so he could paint. Within one hour, we had the paint picked out and he had gone and gotten paint and was busy painting. We spent most of spring break working on my scrapbook room. I will post more about my scrapbook room in future posts. I just want to give a HUGE thank you to my DH for all the hard work he did on his days off to help me in my scrapbook room. Not only did he paint, but he hung shelves. He also managed to finish a few other minor projects on my to do list. Thanks Bryon for all your hard work.

No comments: