Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Conner & Logan's Preschool Field Trip 05-13-08

Conner and Logan's preschool took a field trip this month. They were supposed to go on Monday the 12th. We woke up to terrible weather and it even snowed that day. The field trip was postponed until Tuesday. I was luck enough to be able to go with them. My friend, Linda, watched Natalie while I went. It was a full day. We left the school at 8:30 and traveled to Idaho Falls to Tautphaus Park Zoo in Idaho Falls. Because we had such a large group, they decided to let us just enjoy the zoo at our own pace and meet back at the buses at 11:00. One of the aides, Ms. Carol caught up with us just inside the gates. She wondered if I needed help. I actually felt like I could handle it but told her sure. She took Logan's hand and I took Conner's. I was so thankful at the end of the day to have had her help. We had a great time at the zoo. The peacock was Logan's favorite. I think the monkeys were Conner's. The weather was just perfect for the zoo, not too hot and not too cold. The animals were pretty active, so that was fun to watch. We also got to watch them feed the penguins. Once everyone got back to the buses, we found a spot to have our picnic lunches. Logan ate his pretty good but Conner would rather play than eat. After we let the kids run around for a bit, we then loaded the buses back up and headed back for Rexburg. Just outside of Rexburg, we stopped to ride the Beazer train. This is a great hidden treasure! Beazer train was built by a man who has since passed away. His son now runs it. The son has a full time job so you just call and schedule appointments when he is available. They have built this little train track that runs out through a pasture and even has a tunnel. It takes about five minutes. We had a blast riding the train, the rest of the afternoon. Conner rode every single time. I even took a couple of turns riding it! We made it back to school just in time to pick up Sam and head home for the day. I don't know who was more tired at the end of the day: Conner, Logan, or myself.

No comments: