Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sam's Ballroom Dance Experience 05-03-08

I signed Sam up for a ballroom dance program that was offered through the city. Actually the lady teaching it called to see if Sam would be interested in taking the class with some boys from the neighborhood. As a mom, I am constantly looking for an activity that my child will enjoy and be successful at. I have tried several for Sam but so far haven't found just the right one. So I figured, sure why not. I think it was a six week class. Sam really enjoyed it the first couple of weeks but after that it was like pulling teeth for him to go to class. He constantly told me what an awful mom I was for making him go and how I didn't ask his permission to sign him up. At the end of the six weeks, the kids perform at the big ballroom dance recital so the kids can see how cool the older kids that do ballroom dance are. Sam is VERY picky about how his clothes fit. So the afternoon of the recital, I am having him get in his costume and he has the biggest meltdown of how his costume fits. His Grandma Roskelley came to the rescue and helped him fix his costume so it fit better. Thank heavens for grandmas! I still wasn't quite sure how he would do at the recital. My mom was up spending a few days with us and so she came and watched him and Bryon's parents also came up to watch him. We are so blessed with supportive families! Sam did awesome! He looked so handsome. He also agreed to do it all again next year.

2 comments:

Holly said...

He is SOOo darn cute Jen! He looks like a natural ballroom hunk! :) FUN!!

Linda Gibbs said...

He's got it all! He's handsome, athletic, musical, and can now dance!!!