Friday, April 11, 2008

She's Here!

No we are not adopting again! (Well not in the way you would think.) My baby turns nine on Sunday. It is so hard for me to believe. I have to give you a little background. He has wanted a hampster or a gerbil for a while now. He hasn't been that vocal about a pet until recently. Now he has been vocal and instead of a hampster or a gerbil he was wanting a reptile: Bearded Dragon, Turtles, Lizard, or Snake. None of which I am open to having in my house let alone as a pet. So when the topic came up heavy on Monday night, Bryon and I visited the pet topic with him. We informed him if he got a pet it would be his birthday present. Monday night we had basically told him he could get a hampster or gerbil. On Wednesday morning, I called my sister-in-law, Bryn, whose kids have two gerbils. She was very positive about having gerbils as pets but after getting off the phone with her I wasn't quite convinced it would work for us. The thing she said is her kids don't really get them out to play with them. I worry that after the "newness" wears off, and it will with any pet, they won't be as responsible for them if they can't play with them. I decided to start thinking about a dog. I have always said if we get a fenced in yard (hopefully ours will be fenced in within the next few months) we could get a dog. Neither Bryon or I grew up with a dog. Bryon has kind of drug his feet on this one. I don't blame him because we know when it all boils down to it, he will probably be the one helping Sam clean up after the dog. Well by Wednesday afternoon, I had found a free dog house, a lady who had a liter of Border Collie mixes for a reasonable price, and we had some ground rules set for Sam with his responsibilities with a dog. When I talked to the lady on the phone, she had one boy and two girls. I really wanted the boy for obvious reasons! So Thursday afternoon, Sam, Conner, my friend Linda and I drove out to this lady's house to look at the dogs. They were so cute! Sam, however, fell in love with one of the girl dogs. We left it there last night and then Bryon and Sam went to Idaho Falls to go to a reception of one of Bryon's co-workers. They borrowed Bryon's dad's truck to bring the dog house home. They stopped in Ririe and brought Molly home. I must admit she is pretty cute! The boys have had a blast playing with her tonight! So Happy Birthday Sam and Welcome Home Molly.

2 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

Yea!!! molly is way cute! and sam is just adorable. he's a proud papa. molly and Lucy will be great fiends. how could they not?:)

Holly said...

How fun is that! I bet your kids are so super excited!! :)