Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools

I am not one to pull of big practical jokes. However, last year I made "French Fries" for breakfast and my kids loved it. It had kind of slipped my mind until they brought it up at dinner last night. So I decided to make them again. They really are quite tasty and my kids get the biggest kick out of them. Here is how you make them: You buy the breadsticks that come in the "popping" cans (like biscuits and crescent rolls). You cut them in half down the middle and then cut the length about that of a french fry. You then roll them in sugar so they look "salted". Then you bake them in the oven at 350. I cooked ours for about 15 minutes but it depends on how hot your oven cooks. Then you take a sealed envelope and cut it about 2 inches high. Then you put your "french fries" in the sleeve. In a bowl, you take seedless strawberry jam and stir it really good with a spoon so it isn't gloppy anymore it is more the consistency of catsup. Wal La! There you have a fun April Fools joke that your kids (at least mine) get a good laugh at.

3 comments:

Holly said...

What a cute idea Jen! Those french fries are so funny! You are such a cute mom! I bet your kids just loved that!!

Holly said...

PS I missed you this week too! :) haha.

Meichelle said...

Hey! I found you through Hollys blog. I hope you don't mind me looking! I love that french fry idea! I think I might just have to try them out. They look delish!
My blog is blakeandmeichellejohnson.blogspot.com
Check us out sometime!
Meichelle Johnson