Friday, April 11, 2008

Finger Steaks

This recipe is a family favorite of mine since I was growing up. This is one of those meals when I make it, everyone eats it. Notice I didn't say, they don't complain. I swear I could cook the best "kid-friendly" meal and someone would still find something to complain about!

Round Steak -- take the round steak and with a meat mallet pound it to tenderize it. Then cut the meat in bite size pieces.

Batter:
2 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
2 Teaspoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
1 Teaspoon Seasoning Salt
1 1/2 Cups Flour

Beat eggs until fluffy. Add milk. Beat. Add sugar, salt, garlic salt, seasoning salt, and flour. The batter should be fairly thick. Dip bite-size round steak in the batter. Then deep fry at 375 degrees for 3-4 minutes on each side. To deep fry, I just fill my electric skillet with oil and heat it up and fry them in it. I grew up with having catsup to dip them in. I admit that is still my favorite to this day. My family likes to use Heinz 57 sauce. We also really like Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce to dip them in.
The night I served these, I made twice baked potatoes and green beans to complete the meal.

No comments: