Thursday, February 7, 2008

What I Love About Logan

I have wanted to write about Logan for some time now. I feel bad that I have wrote about Sam's Pinewood Derby, Conner's Birthday, and Natalie getting in the makeup and have written nothing about him. Over a week now, I have been racking my brain about what I could write about. Logan is my calm child.

Logan is in preschool and looks forward to going to school to play with his best friends Tristen and Zach. One of my favorite things about Logan is the days he does attend school, I have to go and get him. The school has a circular driveway for parents to go when they are picking up their children. I sit there in my car and when class is over either the teacher or one of the aides, walk Logan out to the car. When I see him I open his door and get out to greet him. He always yells "mom" and runs to me and gives my legs a big hug! Such a cutie!

Logan has a speech problem and as a mom, I am really looking forward to the day he can say, "I love you" all on his own. Until then I hang on to a moment that totally melted my heart. We had gone to the bank to do some banking, they always send out a handful of Tootsie Rolls for the kids. I unwrapped one and handed it to Logan. He said, "thanks mom." Keep in mind, he really struggles linking two words together. He also is really good at imitating but to say things on his own is also a struggle. So for him to say, "thanks mom" on his own was a small miracle and it melted my heart.

Logan loves to listen to the radio in the car. If a song comes on that has a dominant guitar sound, Logan grabs his air guitar and strums away. He can play a mean air guitar!

Logan has found a hat around the house and lately has walked around with this huge hat on his head. It is the funniest thing! I couldn't help but snap a picture.

1 comment:

Holly said...

What a cute kid! We thought about naming our little guy Logan... I just hope he is as calm as yours is! :)