Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day Part II

What an awesome Valentine's Day we had!

I was up at the crack of dawn working on finishing the games for Sam's class party. Bryon liked the kisses I had made and wanted me to make some so he could take them to work. This meant I had to make two extra batches. We made one the night before but I still had one more batch to make plus wrapping them all in aluminum foil.

Thursday's are also speech therapy days for Logan and Natalie which means I do a lot of running. So at 9:00 I took Natalie to speech and dropped her off. Logan and I then rode out to the school. I still needed to print off one more page of the words, "Happy Valentine's Day" to put with the kisses I was making. I was having trouble getting our printer to print and so instead of mess with it anymore, I went out to the school to print it off. While I was at the school, I printed off the sheet I needed and then made my grocery list. It was then time for me to go pick up Natalie and drop Logan off. Natalie and I then went to the grocery store to get a few groceries for dinner. While I was checking out, my good friend, Brenda, called. She wanted me to get home so she could come over. So I ran home and put the groceries away and Brenda came by. She had gone down to Idaho Falls shopping. Her and I both will be working in the temple on Saturday mornings. She works in the laundry from 6-9. I work in the office from 9-11. She works every Saturday. I only work every other Saturday. She bought a new white dress and I will be buying a new one in the next couple of days. We have talked about how if we are going to be workers, we probably need something a little more supportive than slippers. She had found these adorable Sketcher shoes at Kohls. They are white with rhinestones all over. They are absolutley adorable. I went to get the checkbook to write her a check and she said, "Happy Valentine's Day!" Brenda really has been such a good friend to me. She didn't stay long and I also had to go back and get Logan from speech. So once she left, I loaded Natalie in the car and we went and picked up Logan. We then drove back out to the school (trip number 2) to pick up Conner from preschool. We then came back home. I hurried and loaded all the things I would need for Sam's party in a basket. I had made arrangements for Logan, Conner, and Natalie to go to a babysitter. I had planned on making them each a sandwich. I ran out of time and instead threw the bread, peanut butter, some chips, and drinks in a sack for the sitter. I ran to the sitter and dropped them off and then it was back to the school for me. If you are keeping track this is my third trip out to the school. I got there about 12:10. Sam's party wasn't until 12:30. I had planned on being there a little early so I could get set up. I got the cake walk set up and the Bingo game set up. The teacher said that Sam informed her that when I got there I would probably be way stressed because I had been working so hard on this party. The teacher came in for a closer look to see if I "looked stressed". The class party was a huge success! I had Mrs. Farmer, the teacher, do the cake walk. The kids loved the rice krispy kisses. I did bingo. Each of the kids got their own box of conversation hearts to play bingo with. I also gave each of them a yo-yo. The other room mom was in charge of a craft and making sugar cookies. When we finished with the class party, we let them sit in their seats and eat their goodies while she read them a book about how Valentine's Day came to be.

I then came back home. I worked on preparing a few things for dinner and getting the table set with China. I then had piano from 3:30-5:30. Once I finished piano, I helped Bryon in putting the finishing touches on dinner. We had shrimp, baked potatoes, green salad, and Jell-O salad. I had also mixed grape juice and Sprite for a drink. Unlike my mom, I didn't make my kids get dressed in their Sunday best for dinner. It isn't that I didn't want to but I knew that meant I would have to get myself plus three kids dressed for dinner and that just seemed like so much work! On each of the kids plates I had put their Valentine's we bought them. We gave Sam the movie "The Game Plan". We gave Conner a part for his Geo Trax. We gave Logan and car from Cars. We gave Natalie a princess DVD. I gave Bryon a pair of navy pants. So romantic I know but he desperately needed a new pair.

After dinner, it was back to the grind. Sam had homework to finish and I needed to bathe three kids. So Bryon did the dishes while I bathed kids and did homework. Once all of that was done, we sat down and ate a huge sugar cookie I had bought.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I saw that you posted this at 4:39 am... what are you doing up at that time? :) Sounds like you had a great although BUSY Valentines Day!! :)

Holly said...

Funny... I got Brooklyn's dress @ Target... I'd hurry in, they didn't have a huge selection and they only had 3 or 4 size 2T... if that is what Miss Natalie is wearing these days. :)