Thursday, October 23, 2008

Kids Say the Funniest Things

I just had to share this funny that happened last night at the dinner table. I had taken Natalie to Idaho Falls yesterday shopping. The boys were in school. When Conner & Logan got out of school at 11:30, Bryon took them to my friend, Linda's, for her to watch them for a couple of hours until I got home. We had a great day. We went to Target, Kohls, Old Navy and JcPenney. At the dinner table, I was telling Bryon about an incident that happened while we were at Old Navy. A little girl no more than a year or two older than Natalie, was behind us in the checkout line. Natalie is a very friendly and outgoing girl. She started by waving and trying to get the girl's attention. I soon turned my attention to paying for my purchase. It wasn't long after that that I noticed this girl picked up Natalie and proceeded to carry her to the front of the checkstand. I was getting a good chuckle out of it. The lady behind me in line, told her not to do that. I grabbed my sack and grabbed a hold of Natalie's hand and was trying to leave the store. Natalie wasn't so anxious to leave, not until she said goodbye to her new found friend. She started by waving at the little girl. Then before I knew it and could stop what was happening, Natalie reached out and gave the girl a hug and proceeded to kiss her on the lips. I was so grossed out! I get so frustrated at times by the genetics of my children which I have NO CONTROL OVER!

So here we are at the dinner table and I am telling Bryon about my frustration with this little incident. Sam was listening. He piped up, rather loudly. "That is so disgusting! Natalie you are a . . ." I quickly interrupted. I tried to gently remind Sam that he was not to say the word that I feared was going to come out of his mouth. We have had to start talking to Sam about the birds and the bees but I did not feel like we needed to get into it at the dinner table with his younger brothers and sister listening.

Anyone who has a nine year old, knows that they have a mind of their own. Sam was choosing not to listen to what I was telling him and was still going to blurt out what I had asked him not to. So Sam yells, "Natalie, you are a llama."

I wasn't quite sure I heard him right. A llama??? I questioned him. "Do you know what a llama is?" I asked him.

"I most certainly do." He said, rather proud of himself.

"Okay, what is it?" I asked.

"Llamas are two women that love each other."

I could not help but bust out laughing! At this point, it was rather clear what word he was trying to use but didn't know the right word.

3 comments:

Amy said...

LOL! That is so funny!

Eric and Rozanne said...

It was so fun to see your comment on my blog! The Sam story was very funny! Kids say the darndest things. We've had a few of those instances as well. Sorry to hear that you don't have a pumpkin patch.

Patty said...

That is really funny. Thanks for sharing.