Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Day of School

School this year came all too soon for me.

It is hard for me to believe that Sam is in the fourth grade. He is going to the middle school. It is just across the field from his previous school. I am still not sure how to feel about the whole thing. I think it is the words "middle school" that has me freaking out a bit. Sam's teacher is Mrs. Singleton. She is a younger (I say that because we figure she is about our age!) teacher with a strong suit in math. Sam is very excited. I know he won't admit to it but I think he is a little nervous about going to a new school. This year he will be in a school where his dad won't be just down the hall. He has done it before for Kindergarten through second grade. However, last year I think he got used to his dad being right there and everyone knowing him as "Mr. Kennedy's son", that this year is a little different for him. I think we got used to having Bryon right there to follow up on assignments and help him get his homework if he forgot it. So it will be a big adjustment for all of us.

Conner is in Kindergarten this year. Last year he went to preschool only two days a week and longed for the days when he could go to school every day. Now that day is here, he isn't sure about wanting to go to school every day. His teacher is Mrs. Clinton. Mrs. Clinton is a "seasoned" teacher which is what we wanted for Conner. Conner likes to dance to the beat of his own drum and we were looking for someone that could make him toe the line! We are so glad that Mrs. Clinton is the one to help him do this. We aren't sure if she is as happy as we are! Mrs. Clinton is a great kindergarten teacher and we know that Conner will learn a bunch from her.

Since Sam has moved on to middle school, I think Bryon is happy to have another son around that he can occasionally see in the halls or classroom.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I LOVE back to school and fall. It's just such a great change. :) Your kids are so cute as usual! I'm also LOVING your red door in the pics. :)

Eric and Rozanne said...

Isn't 4th grade early for middle school? My son is going in 7th grade this year, and I still feel like it is too soon... I'm sure he will do great though. That is fun to have Bryon at the same school as the kids.

Amy said...

Caden started middle school this year as well, but he's in 5th grade. I was really nervous about the whole 'middle school' thing too. We are from the Salt Lake area and middle school doesn't start until 7th grade, so this is all new to me. It's fun for the kids though. They feel more grown up, but still act like kids...I love it!