Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Favorite Things

Last week I took Logan down to Primary Children's Hospital for some Genetic testing. We really didn't have any concerns when we made the appointment we just wanted to rule some things out. Also Logan's eye doctor at the Moran/Primary Children's Hospital wanted us to have it done. Other than just being long, the appointment was fine. The doctor sees no reason to see us for another three years. At that time, Logan will be entering the school scene and will want to see how he is doing academically.

I invited a friend to go with me. I hate going by myself and I really worried about navigating around Salt Lake City. We did some shopping on Wednesday and I found some new Favorite Things that I wanted to tell you about.

First of all we went to Tai Pan Trading. I LOVE THAT STORE. I could have spent a ton of money in there. I refrained and only bought a few things. Don't worry I plan on going again this weekend when we go down for Disney on Ice. Last time we were in there, Bryon talked me into buying these red containers. While I loved them, they didn't match the color of my living room at all. I finally talked Bryon into donating them to the D.I. Since then I have been on a quest for a metal magazine rack. I found one and I love it!



While I was there, I found the cutest fruit basket. While I hadn't been looking for one, we really needed one. We have this wicker basket that sits on the counter. It desperately needed to be replaced. So here is my new fruit basket. I love it and it fits perfectly under my cupboards.





I have a wreath hanger that I put out occasionally. I have always wanted a wreath made of Easter Eggs. I found one that I couldn't pass up. I think it is adorable and Bryon even commented that he likes my new wreath. That is always a bonus!
All of this shopping was wearing us out. Brenda told me about the delicious caramel apples that they sell there. I actually broke down and brought one home for us to split. While we were looking for caramel apples, we went to the food court in Tai Pan. They sell Gelato there. While I have heard a lot about it, I had actually never tried it. It was delicious! I had Pink Grapefruit. I thought I was in Heaven! It is actually supposed to be better for you than ice cream. Plus it is served at a warmer temperature than ice cream, so no brain freeze. For me that is a HUGE PLUS! On our return trip to Tai Pan this weekend, I promised Bryon and the kids that we would stop for Gelato. I can hardly wait!



Don't worry I am almost done on my list of new favorite things! I have been in a Ross Dress For Less a couple of times and have never found anything real great. However, Brenda, swears by Ross's. So a stop at Ross's was definitely on my list of stores to hit while we were shopping. We found one. While I didn't find any clothes to buy, I did find a cute Liz Claiborne purse. But my favorite find there was a set of candlesticks. I have been looking everywhere for a set of three candlesticks to sit on my fireplace. I can't find any that I like. (Well I have. My mom has a set that I love but she isn't parting with them anytime soon!) So Brenda found these adorable candlesticks. I know there are only two but I am going to find something a little smaller to put with them to make my cluster of three. I also found a really cute container for my kitchen table. That will have to wait for a later post. I am going back to Tai Pan this weekend to get fake fruit to put in it. I think it is going to look awesome.

My last favorite thing is food. Brenda and I got talking about where we always eat when we go to Salt Lake. I actually took her to one of my favorites on the way down. We stopped in Brigham City and ate at the Maddox Drive In. She has never been to The Mayan. It seems like we go there almost everytime we are in Salt Lake with the kids. She bought Disney On Ice tickets for next weekend. Our families are going to meet up and go to The Mayan before going to Disney on Ice. I know they won't be disappointment. One of their family's favorite places to eat while in Salt Lake is P.F. Changs. P.F. Changs has a little less formal restaurant called Pei Wei. We went there for a late lunch/early dinner before heading home. It was delicious! My family loves Chinese food and we plan to eat there this weekend while we are in Salt Lake. But my favorite thing by far was the delicious lettuce wraps. They were to die for. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. I am on the quest to find a recipe for them to see if I can make them in my own kitchen. Stay tuned to my food blog to see what I was able to find.

7 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Wow! You really found some great things! I'll have to check out that store sometime!

Holly said...

Jen! I ♥ ALL those things!! :) FUN!!

Jaimee said...

Sounds fun! I am still scared to drive in SLC and I live only 25 minutes away!!

Mike, Mary, Maggie, and Max said...

Wow, Jen you are making me excited to go to Utah next week. If only we had a bigger car....I love all the stuff you found. We have very similar tastes. Hey P.S. My sister's (Carolyn) husband got baptized last week. (still in shock)!

Amy said...

You found some great things, I love them! Tai Pan is a fun store, I just can't go in often or I spend too much. :)

Lando & Cami said...

I have never been there, but after seeing the cute things you got I might have to stop in!! Hope everything is good!

stressedkris said...

Next time you are in Salt Lake you are welcome at my house. I don't live far from Tai Pan Trading. I would love for you to come and stay with us. Or if you need someone to navigate you around SL I love to drive SL. Although I.F. scares me.