Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Conner's Birthday

Conner had a great birthday. We decided the Sunday before his birthday that we would let him have a friend party this year. Conner was so excited. We decided on seven friends for him to invite. I was a little nervous about how it was going to work out. He had decided on two friends from the neighborhood, one friend that has been his best friend for forever, and then four friends from school. I worried that where all of his friends didn't know each other if it would be a problem. They all got along wonderfully! I had been working out at the school that week and so I was unable to put as much time as I would like to have put into planning the party. On Thursday, I still didn't have any real great ideas for a party. Thanks so much to my friend Gina, she suggested a winter themed party. It was a great idea!

Conner's friends really were a cute group of boys. His good friends from school are: PortER, SpencER, CartER, and him (ConnER). It can be confusing at times!

Once the kids got here, we played Pin-The-Nose on the Snowman. It was a huge hit! Then we played a game where I put a package of cotton balls on a cookie sheet. I also had another cookie sheet. I blindfolded them one at a time and then they tried to move the "snowballs" from one cookie sheet to the other. The one with the most was the winner. We then opened presents, had cake, and broke the pinata.

That night once Grandpa Roskelley & Sam got home from skiing, we opened more presents and had more cake and ice cream. We gave him a Pocket V-Smile and two game cartridges for it. Grandpa & Grandma Roskelley gave him a gift certificate for McDonald's. They also gave him some money. I have him the choice if he wanted to buy more Magnetix or a new pair of snow boots. There was no hesitation. He wanted new snow boots. He has been wearing this pair of Pooh Bear snow boots. They are pretty juvenile. Conner hates them and has been begging for big boy boots all winter.

Saturday they went to Wal-Mart and picked out a pair of new snow boots. Saturday afternoon we drove down to Leo's in Idaho Falls. Leo's is a place that serves pizza, hamburgers, and salads. They also have a huge indoor climbing thing and an arcade. My kids love it there. Afterwards, we went to Grandpa & Grandma Kennedy's. They gave him a set of Tinker Toys. Conner was so excited. He loves to create things with his hands.

I will post pictures of his friend party.

2 comments:

Gina Hallam said...

I'm so glad the party went well. Now, I get to think of an idea for my soon to be six year old's birthday party in April.

Linda Gibbs said...

Fun party!!!
Hey! You didn't mention how much fun YOU had at Leo's!! :)