Monday, December 29, 2008

Snow, Snow, and More Snow

Well as you know we have been hit with a ton of snow lately. I even think there is more out there now than we got all year last year.

Last night we had just settled down as a family to watch The Sound of Music and the doorbell rings. It is Jared from across the street. He is in the Elder's Quorum Presidency with Bryon. Pretty soon Bryon comes down and puts on his snow gear. He said that Jared was shoveling out some snow away from his mailbox tossing it on to his neighbors yard when the neighbor lady came out and complained about the extra snow he was putting in his yard. So he was going to go out and help Jared move some snow around. I figure it wasn't a big deal and he shouldn't be gone long. From my family room I can see lights flash in the window occasionally. I decided to go upstairs and see what was going on. This is what I saw on my front lawn.
Oh yes, the recruited the help of a neighbor down the street. The basically took most of the snow out of this lady's yard and were distributing it between Jared's yard and our yard. Now we have a huge, probably a 7 foot hill of snow in my front yard. Sam and Conner are so excited. They want to go out and try it out today. We will have to see!

3 comments:

jen said...

How fun for the kids! I wish we were there to see all that snow, but I don't miss the bitter cold. Hope you are doing well.

Jen Le Bel

Marrian said...

Hey Jennifer! I love your blog.
Sorry you're getting so much snow. I wish we would get some here in Germany.
I read your "heart ache" post. Your children must be pretty special if you had to go through all that for them! I admire you!
Marrian

Amy said...

WOW!!! That is a lot of snow. We got a bunch here, but not quite that much. I'm sure the kids are enjoying the huge hill in your yard. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!