Sunday, September 28, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend we had planned on going to Utah to see my sister Lori bless their new baby boy, Carson. However, due to needing new tires on the van, getting four children ready for school, and high gas prices, we were unable to go. Instead, we decided to stay home for the weekend.

It is always tradition that Bryon's mom's side of the family has a huge family reunion at Bryon's Grandpa Perry's house about ten minutes from us. They always roast hot dogs on a firepit and then everyone brings a salad or a dessert. The reunion this year was very well attended. My kids always have a blast playing with all their cousins and extended family. Bryon's two sisters from Utah drove up with their kids for the reunion and to spend the weekend.

Bryon's mom invited us down on Sunday. Bryon's dad had a hair-brained idea for the older grandkids to sleep outside in the tent with him. We went down Sunday afternoon. Bryon's dad grilled hamburgers out on the grill for dinner. It was cold and rainy all day. The grandkids ended up sleeping on the floor of the new addition because it was to wet to sleep outside. Bryon and I spent the night to save on gas from having to go home and coming back down on Monday to pick up the kids. It was fun. We haven't done that since moving to Idaho 11 years ago!

It was fun to just hang out and visit. While we were together, we were able to take a picture of the ALL the grandkids with Grandpa and Grandma.

2 comments:

jen said...

Hope you don't mind me checking in on your blog, I got the link off of Amy's blog. I'm hoping to stay in contact with my frinds back home (my last home). I miss our visits during soccer...what a hoot those boys were!! Hope you are doing well.

Jen Le Bel

Holly said...

Look at all those cute kids! :) I bet it was one wild party with all those kids running around! Did you make any more bows after I left?! :)